Prior to the Low Carbon Simulator, greenhouse gas abatement models either took an economic approach (which ignores real-world industrial constraints) or an industry approach (which doesn’t account for market dynamics). The Low Carbon Simulator is the only model of its kind able to combine these two capabilities in one fast, integrated and easy to use system.
Consequently, the Low Carbon Simulator is the first model that can accurately forecast the role different abatement measures and technologies will play, by region, during the low carbon transition. This makes the Low Carbon Simulator the best solution for identifying:
- The most favourably positioned low carbon industries and abatement options.
- The optimal low carbon investment strategy, portfolio width and acquisition timing for individual businesses, investors and policy makers.
- The impact, implications and efficacy of government climate change policies.
- Opportunities and risks created by changes to government policies, business practices and economic conditions. This also includes the ability to test for unanticipated, high-impact Black Swan Events.
- Business or region specific impacts and opportunities in the context of global and national forces, leveraged against the specific business and resource conditions of that region.
The Low Carbon Simulator makes use of Monte Carlo modelling methods that enable it to accommodate ranges of expert opinions and possible future scenarios in its simulations. By doing so, the Low Carbon Simulator offers a greater insight into the likelihood of various outcomes and the key sensitivities therein.
For further details on the capabilities and advantages of the Low Carbon Simulator please download the accompanying briefing or contact us to discuss how the Low Carbon Simulator can be applied to your particular needs.